We have updated our task sequence to deploy Office 2016 but InfoPath is not included in Office 2016. Microsoft provide a standalone version of Infopath for installation and the below are instructions on how to make that installation occur silently. note: I strongly advise you install Infopath 2013 first and then Office 2016 second. Doing it the other way around means InfoPath 2013 overwrites some Office 2016 settings.
- Download one of the InfoPath standalone packages from here
- Extract the files using one of the below command from an elevated command prompt
- In the newly extracted files, open Config.xml located within the “infopathr.ww” directory
- Modify the Config.xml file like this:
<Display Level=”none” CompletionNotice=”no” SuppressModal=”yes” AcceptEula=”Yes” />
- I now use a batch file to run the installation. The batch file should be located in the root of the newly extracted files (same level as setup.exe)
“%~dp0setup.exe” /config “%~dp0infopathr.ww\config.xml”
- The first time InfoPath is opened it may prompt for activated online. If this occurs add in the following line at the end of the batch file
cscript “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\ospp.vbs” /act
I also came across an issue where old Office 2003 format documents with the .xml file format would not open, excelDoc.xml WordDoc.xml etc. To fix this add these reg keys and this restores the functionality and also makes sure you dont have blank icons for those xml files. For anyone using the reg keys below know it took 25+ hours to identify them!
The top section allows .xml files to be determined by their content.
The second section stops Edge from trying to take over .xml file formats.
The third section stops a security prompt in Outlook when the files are opened from attachments.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
unattended install InfoPath 2013 standalone Office 2013 Office 2016
Credits to Eddie Jackson http://eddiejackson.net/wp/?p=10954
Credits to Ramesh Srinivasan http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/edge-hijack-pdf-htm-associations/